singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Feature Requests » mail on news immages posted

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-25 07:58:24

bella

mail on news immages posted

Hi, this is an idea that i would appreciate in next future (as im not able to do it by myself yet with php).
I would like to receive a confirmation email everytime one new immages is updated on my site.
Becouse im going to moderate immages from different users (even unknown) i would like to know when a new photo is posted.

Anyone has got an idea how to do this...maybe with php?
Thanks!!

#2 2006-04-25 14:57:38

pavian

Re: mail on news immages posted

Bella, it would be a usable idea to include this, because it won't work once someone uploads pictures through ftp.

If you have someone that knows a little php, tell him he needs to add the necessary mail-command in sgadmin::addimage function. (admin.class.php) This will only work for images upload through the frontend.

#3 2006-04-25 18:04:50

tamlyn
Lead Developer

An alternative could be to hijack the thumbnail generation to send notification emails since that would pick up ftp'ed images too. Hmmm. Better would be using an rss feed. We're working on that but I'm not sure if it's usable yet. Try searching the forum for 'rss' or 'xml'.

#4 2006-04-26 04:55:13

bella

Thanks guys for you support.
In my situation, immages will be upload only trought admin area (after login) and NOT trought FTP.
Im trying to learn a little bit of PHP..i will see what i can do!
Cheers

#5 2006-05-05 22:50:54

bella

Ok Guys...i made the add-on script to be notified when someone add a new immage, in PHP language.

You have to add the following script in /singapore/admin.php

after
$adminMessage = $sg->i18n->_g("Image added");
$includeFile = "editimage";

and before
} else {

$mailheaders = "From:Namethatyoulike<yourmail@yourmail.com> \n\n";
$msg = "new file added change as u like\n\n";
mail("yourmail@yourmail.it", "new image added change as u like", $msg, $mailheaders);

#6 2006-05-10 15:41:38

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Cool! smile