singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Feature Requests » switching languages / templates

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-12 12:06:49

Tata

switching languages / templates

Either I looked bad for or it was not mentioned here.
1. Is there a way how to swhitch between languages and/or templates? This feature is solved as a plugin e.g. in CMSimple  http://www.cmsimple.de. Would be very comfortible.
2. How shall I apply Slovak language? I found on this website under SLOVAK link saying PMO and PO only "fetch.php" file.
3. Have you any experience with integrating SINGAPORE into CMSimple?
4. I tried to change the template in singapore.ini file. But no change occured. Why?

Too many questions at once, but thank you for any answer in advance.

#2 2006-07-12 13:34:38

xakep01

Re: switching languages / templates

I have a same problem// cant swich lang //
what need to do ?

#3 2006-07-12 14:42:16

BJS

1. Is there a way how to swhitch between languages and/or templates?

For change of default language and/or template modify singapore.ini

Code:

default_template = "modern"
     ;the name of the template to use when none is specified

default_language = "sk"
     ;the language code for the language that you would like to use.
     ;you must have the appropriate language file in the locale directory.

If you want users to be able to choose language and/or template turn on the language and/or template flipper functionality in singapore.ini

Code:

language_flipper = on
     ;turn on to display a select box which allows users to select a language

template_flipper = on
     ;turn on to display a select box which allows users to select a template

2. How shall I apply Slovak language? I found on this website under SLOVAK link saying PMO and PO only "fetch.php" file.

Open the PMO for the Slovak language in your browser, select all, copy and paste it to an empty text file in e.g. notepad and save it as singapore.sk.pmo, upload to your locale directory. If you're using language flipper must run Cache updater from Tools.

4. I tried to change the template in singapore.ini file. But no change occured. Why?

Check if the name of the template you have entered in singapore.ini is the same as the name of the directory containing the template.

#4 2006-07-12 15:07:42

Tata

I made it, but in the list of languages, where the Slovak shall occure, onlz an empty line was added. Clicking on it I get back to English. Some templates show only empty screens. Anyway, thanks.

#5 2006-07-12 15:42:13

BJS

Ooops! Whith the empty field in the language flipper instead of Slovak it's my fault. I've made Slovak translation, had this problem but couldn't find the solution and finally forgot about it at all. Sorry hmm

So does anyone have an idea why the name of Slovak language doesn't show up in the language flipper?

As to the templates, the only thing that got on my mind is if you use correct versions of templates for your version of singapore.

#6 2006-07-12 19:01:48

pavian

In your tools directory run number 4 - the Cache Updater

#7 2006-07-13 08:40:24

BJS

The problem is that it doesn't show the language after Cache Update. There is just an empty field instead of the name of the language.

#8 2006-07-13 19:25:42

pavian

Well I can assure you that in the csv-version (I just personally tested it)

You need to run the Extractor (3) too I guess. It will be working nativly as soon as I get this commited into csv