singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Internationalisation » This language are just a big problem

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-01-19 19:56:23

Daey

This language are just a big problem

this "language thing" you have in the script are the worst thing i hever see in my life!

this thing are killing the great gallery script!

simply impossible to work with, impossible to change.

sad

Last edited by Daey (2007-01-19 19:56:41)

#2 2007-01-19 20:47:52

pavian

Re: This language are just a big problem

So whats crackin' in Portugal?

Actually we have no "language thing" in place. Singapore supports multiple languages. You can select your preferred-language in singapore.ini
It is a bit unfortunate - however - the translator for Portuguese was from Brazil - so if there is a problem with the translation you have to make your own. But if I understand you right you would like it to be in English only anyway?

singapore.ini also allows you to switch off the language-flipper - just check the settings for the appropriate option.

If you would like to add your own language(e.g. Klingon), we have an extensive guide on how to do that:
http://www.sgal.org/wiki/guides/translate

#3 2010-04-14 12:41:59

dragonflai

Your link is corrupted:
http://www.sgal.org/wiki/guides/translate

also the original package inside your help pages:
http://singapore.sourceforge.net/binari … Win32.zip.

ow can i translate in italian???
I have downloaded poedit but there are always many error like" in not an array... " excetera.. and i can't edit or simple change the italian bad translation in correct translation...

Can somebody help me please,with a cute example?
thank you in advance

#4 2010-04-26 09:03:40

seriusjoe987

Though English is accepted as a universal communication language globally but still it is a major problem faced by the people all over the world.......

for eg: Di dunia kini kita, tiap orang harus dapat membac...

Unless one had first learned to speak Bahasa Indonesian, there is know way that one will be able to read the above Indonesian line

I am Serious
Serious Joe

Last edited by seriusjoe987 (2010-04-28 14:04:00)

#5 2010-08-27 13:10:00

dragonflai

it's ok, thank you.. but i have translated all the docment in Italian, so all the message and many other things are quality better. If u need, there isn't problem: send me a message at my mail.

#6 2013-04-16 16:18:30

data backups

With archives this big, disk storage is usually prohibitively expensive because it would mean doubling the existing server needs in some cases. Because of this, archive backups using tape are starting to play a big role again, as it is a less expensive medium than disk. The Linear Tape File System (LTFS) has massive storage capacity and only costs a few cents per gigabyte. However, this type of application is best suited to long term retention needs, rather than instant disaster recovery.