singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » News Archive » singapore 0.9.10 pre release

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-09-27 08:55:55

tamlyn
Lead Developer

singapore 0.9.10 pre release

The long awaited v0.9.10 has been delayed so rather than keep you waiting more I thought it would be worth showing you where it's got to so far.

#2 2004-09-27 09:00:25

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Re: singapore 0.9.10 pre release

Before you rush off to grab your copy please remember this is a preview release and is for testing purposes only. You are strongly advised not to run it in a production environment.

Here are the new features:
implemented full multi-user support with permissions
reindex metadata feature in admin for importing ftp'd images
language and template are now user-selectable on-the-fly
summary field now used instead of description field
introduced new streamlined admin template with quicklinks
Please report any bugs or strange behaviour on the forums or by email.

Download: http://singapore.sourceforge.net/cvsdem … .10PRE.zip

#3 2004-09-27 19:40:51

Tamlyn,

I tried to set up the new beta release but got the following error message:
-------------------------------------------------------
Data directory is writable.

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /home/fuzzyrh/public_html/singapore_pre/setup.php on line 68
Could not create cache directory at .

Warning: mkdir(): No such file or directory in /home/fuzzyrh/public_html/singapore_pre/setup.php on line 79
Could not create logs directory at .
-------------------------------------------------------
I've made sure the data/ and galleries/ directories and subdirectories are all writable, but can't seem to get it to work.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Sean

#4 2004-09-27 20:24:40

tamlyn
Lead Developer

:oops:
yep, the supplied setup script is broken.  Use the attached one instead.

NOTE: I have since updated the archive so most people probably don't need this file.

#5 2004-09-27 21:24:37

Djangoz

Woooo!!!
I've will got users accounts on singapore, now it will be perfect for my use!
Thank you Tamlyn and good work!

By the way, do you think the final release will be out soon (in october) or not?
Thank you,

Lorenzo

#6 2004-09-30 01:06:49

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Final release should hopefully be out in october. But i'm not promising anything...

#7 2004-10-03 04:57:06

Hello people

im update to the new test version 09.10PRE, but i can't see the feauture to enable to user choice languaje or template of my gallery

do you can see my gallery in www.enzolutions.com/images

and me active this options in the singapore.ini :'(

thanks to all

enzo
Eduardo Garcia

#8 2004-10-04 01:11:13

tamlyn
Lead Developer

You need to update your template too. If you have modified it yourself then you can just add the following lines where you want the language and template selection boxes to appear:

Code:

<?php echo $sg->languageFlipper(); ?> 
<?php echo $sg->templateFlipper(); ?>

In the default template they are placed in header.tpl.php just above the crumb line.

You will also need to add the relevant CSS to place them where you want them. The class names are sgLanguageFlipper and sgTemplateFlipper.

#9 2004-10-04 01:43:37

stefanf

It's great that you'll get that out this month (hopefully).

I've been meaning to take a better look at the code and see if I could perhaps add some of the features that I'd like to see myself. That would include pictures being displayed in galleries that have sub-galleries and ability to add arbitrary files such as movies or audio files. Unfortunately I haven't found the time for that and the future doesn't look too good for that either (not until february of 2005 when I'll be taking a 3 month leave).

So, until then I'm going to try to be active with the Icelandic translations and as a result I have updated the PO files for the latest release already. I'll post those in the translations forum.

Regards, Stefan.

#10 2013-01-25 05:28:23

carol

thanks for your information

#11 2013-03-04 11:59:09

iphone9

Some things humans just do very well, and when we try to get robotic systems to do the same thing, we have just one hell of a time. Perhaps, you've watched the time it takes and the computational time/operations it takes for a software program and a vision system to pick out all the green M&Ms from a bowl, and yet a 3-year old can do this very quickly within moments of putting that bowl in front of them. Well, now consider a 3-D underwater environment where an AUV autonomous underwater vehicle is doing ship hull inspections.

#12 2013-03-06 07:36:36

Bonnie

Thank you, I just come and see