singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » News Archive » singapore 0.9.10 released

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-10-20 03:52:22

tamlyn
Lead Developer

singapore 0.9.10 released

So many juicy new features in this release including full multi-user support, support for including singapore into existing site layouts, user selectable language and templates, language auto-detection and so much

#2 2004-10-20 04:03:19

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Re: singapore 0.9.10 released

New features galore in this release:
Re-index metadata feature to import images uploaded by ftp.
Multiuser system with gallery permissions.
New external template and external.php file allow you to include singapore into an existing website layout with a single line of code!
Language and template 'flippers' so users can dynamically select the language and template of their choice (off by default).
Language auto-detection tries to detect users preferred language from HTTP headers and uses it if available.
New streamlined admin template loads quicker and is easier to navigate.
Several security fixes including md5 hash vulnerability
PO language files are no longer included in the standard distribution. This is to keep file size down. The PMO files, however, are included and are all that is needed to use the multilanguage features of singapore.

Please bear in mind that a large amount of code in this release is new and has not been thoroughly tested. v0.9.9b is considered to be the most stable version for the moment.

#3 2004-10-20 12:19:32

Hi, I have just installed the latest version of singapore and the description text on each gallery seems to be missing for visitors to see.  It does come up when you enter the gallery but I perferr it the way it was.

Will

#4 2004-10-20 19:29:43

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Have you run the upgrade script (tools/convertdb.php)? This allows you to copy the 'description' text to the new 'summary' field. This allows you to have a short description of the gallery and a longer one if needed.

#5 2004-10-23 00:12:07

Cheers tamlyn, that did the trick. big_smile

#6 2004-10-23 10:01:31

Ptigui

Many thanks for this release : integration in an existing website is really easier than previously !

Singapore is really a great soft !! ;o)    Ptigui

#7 2004-11-10 08:40:42

Hi, I have just installed the latest version of singapore and the description text on each gallery seems to be missing for visitors to see.  It does come up when you enter the gallery but I perferr it the way it was.

Will

#8 2004-11-29 04:10:52

So many juicy new features in this release including full multi-user support, support for including singapore into existing site layouts, user selectable language and templates, language auto-detection and so much

Can you elaborate on the 'multiuser' aspect a little bit for us?

what is it (multiuser) designed to do?

Can a user signup/register - then post photos - which must then be approved by the admin before displaying live on the site?

One other question- does singapore integrate with phpbb user database in some what - if so, in what manner is registration / database info common? 

Thanks for a great script!

#9 2004-11-29 06:02:49

tamlyn
Lead Developer

See Managing users and The deal with admin permissions.

One other question- does singapore integrate with phpbb user database in some what

Not at all I'm afraid.

#10 2004-11-29 07:24:41

See Managing users and The deal with admin permissions.

One other question- does singapore integrate with phpbb user database in some what

Not at all I'm afraid.

The references you provided are not clear. I was hoping for a simple features explanation from an end user standpoint. 

Hope you can explain in plain English how this works. Thanks.