singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Templates » Thumbs with descriptions...

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-15 16:52:28

alexmillette

Thumbs with descriptions...

Hi I would like to know if it's possible to add a description on the bottom of each thumbs. I want to build an online catalogue with the product picture and the description.
No paypal or e-commerce just pictures and descriptions.

Thanx. I'd look on the forum but no succes. Right now I use the modern template.

#2 2008-11-19 18:09:44

alexmillette

Re: Thumbs with descriptions...

Any body have an Idea on that? I'm pretty sure it's not that hard but I can't figure out how. I want to put the same description that we found in the image page with the big sized picture, I want to show this description at the bottom of each the thumbnail.

#3 2008-11-29 06:41:44

alexmillette

No body know how to take the description in the big image page and put it under the thumb in the thumb page of the gallery???

#4 2008-12-02 06:47:55

PrimaFoto

alexmillette, I have an idea which I am going to try.

A Junior Scientist of the SGAL - Lab
http://sgal-lab.primaveraphoto.com

#5 2008-12-09 21:34:17

alexmillette

Thanks to try. It's sound easy since no body exept you reply it's maybe not that easy.

#6 2009-04-01 13:59:15

jbeldock

Did you ever have any luck adding descriptions to your thumbs?  I would like to do the same.

#7 2009-04-04 17:18:11

PrimaFoto

alexmillette and jbeldock,

May I ask why you would want a description under a thumbnail?
To me this would blow out the nice look. So to combat this problem we have come up with a solution.

Have a look at the templates and look in the "Downtown" gallery:

Polaroid-1.0.10.0 V1

Frame It-0.10.0

Last edited by PrimaFoto (2009-04-04 18:52:35)

#8 2009-04-05 02:36:12

jbeldock

That will work for me.  Thank you for the help!

#9 2009-04-08 16:14:24

PrimaFoto

No problem. I am actually glad you asked about this because it is a neat feature - thanks to DC too!

#10 2009-04-10 18:52:14

andyash

I do need to show the image name under the thumbnails and do not want the mouse over mentioned above. How can I achieve this?

#11 2009-04-30 18:11:10

PrimaFoto

andyash,

DC and I have collaborated on this request and their is now elegant way of doing this mod because it throws out the design.

My opinion is that the thumbnail page looks neater with no text under them. If people REALLY want to find more information all they have to do is mouse over image. Also you can add more text using the mouse over technique and change the colors of the bubble to suit your design.

Just add "Mouse over image for more info" on your page.

PLUS this way you are not limited to one template.

#12 2009-05-10 10:06:43

andyash

I have been trying to incorporate the tooltip effect (from Frame It and Polaroid) inside Modern template, but no success so far. How can I achieve it?

What I have done so far is copy the tooltip folder and unitip    css and js files inside the modern template folder. Then I added the link to these files in the header.tpl.php file copying it from Polaroid template, but it just doesn't work.

#13 2009-05-10 19:05:54

PrimaFoto

@ andyash

Just curious can you give more information on why you would use the "Modern" Template? It is a cool template but we find issues with it because of its heavy relianze on CSS - I don't mean to offend the developer of "Modern". It appears to be that Modern is unsupported by the original develeper. Therefore, we have created a new line of templates.

At this time I have not developed a "pop-up" for the "Modern" template but if you would like I will give you some info.
This is what I have:

You are on the right track with what you did but you have to change a few things.

In "unitip.js" do you have:

Code:

var uniTipTag   = "img";    //Which tag do you want to uniTip-ize? Keep it lowercase. No spaces around commas.//
var uniTipClass = "";                    //Which classes do you want to uniTip-ize? If you leave this blank, then all the tags designated above will get uniTip-ized. Match case. No spaces around commas.

var uniTipX = 5; // X offset from cursor//
var uniTipY = 20; // Y offset from cursor//

The:

Code:

var uniTipTag   = "img";

is important.

#14 2009-05-12 08:00:41

andyash

Dear PrimaFoto,

The files were alright, but my location of unitip.css wasn't correct. I have managed to make it work now, thanks a lot. The layout of Modern suited me and I found it easy enough to customise. Things were in the place where I needed them so it wasn't too much of work. Frame It and Polaroid would have taken me longer.

SGal is a great gallery. Though in the slideshow view it would be nice to see an optional small scrolling thumbnail view to make it easier to decide whether one wants to see the next pic in line or skip to some other random pic, and also an option to time the slideshow on the run will also be a good feature.

#15 2009-05-12 08:34:41

andyash

Why does activating unitip reduce the horizontal gapes between my thumbnails and how do I avoid that?