singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Lounge » Phantom gallery

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-30 20:57:08

lakechicago

Phantom gallery

Hi. I deleted one of my galleries and added another, but I'm getting a blank box on the page where the old one was.

Take at look at http://www.dondemaio.com/photos/index.php?gallery=Army

Any idea how I can fix this? It seems like a simple problem.

Thanks.

Don smile

#2 2008-12-01 10:16:49

pavian

Re: Phantom gallery

You have to choose "ReIndex" on your topmost gallery.

#3 2008-12-01 13:28:24

lakechicago

Great. So how do I do that? I can't find anything about it in the docs.

Thanks.

Don

#4 2008-12-01 22:27:46

pavian

#5 2009-01-17 13:50:29

JW

Hi
I have blank spaces too & re-index doesn't do anything?
New to this & a bit confused. It happens in the main categories & also in the gallery.  I think it happens without deleting any pictures too, but I don't know where to look?
Thanks

#6 2009-01-17 19:56:35

DC
Administrator

@JW what do you mean by blank spaces do you mean after you delete because there will always be some blank spaces if you have less images then set verses how many rows and columns you have ...

Reason im asking is because in some cases you may just see a blank square if theres no image to fill it ... plus you said a reindex does nothing please show us a link to your page.

DC

To code or not to code that is the question?

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!
http://www.clickcraft.net/slice.php

#7 2009-01-29 21:06:55

JW

Hi DC

Sorry about the delay in answering...

It was started by someone else & site isn't live, but I'll try & explain :s

Ok I have 3 columns & I first try to add 9 images.

The images should go as follows:

But I get:

8 9

I haven't deleted any images it just doesn't follow the row/column spaces.

I tried the re-index but it just says re-indexing done, 0 images added?

I have also discovered now that there is a limit of 20 images, but 21 onwards is hidden because there isn't a next page link?

Any suggestions & help where to look in the coding would be much appreciated. smile

Last edited by JW (2009-01-29 21:08:49)

#8 2009-01-29 22:57:39

DC
Administrator

What template? and I would need a url as that helps a lot so I can see your site.

DC

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!

#9 2009-01-29 23:25:52

JW

Wow that's quick thanks

In singapore.ini I see this:

image_sort_order = "x"
     ;the order in which images will be displayed. Can take the following values:
     ; f = sort by file name (ascending)
     ; F = sort by file name (descending)
     ; n = sort by image name (ascending)
     ; N = sort by image name (descending)
     ; i = sort by image name (case insensitive, ascending)
     ; I = sort by image name (case insensitive, descending)
     ; a = sort by artist name (ascending)
     ; A = sort by artist name (descending)
     ; d = sort by date (ascending)
     ; D = sort by date (descending)
     ;   note: date comparison is done as a string comparison on the 'date' database
     ;   field. So for example "2003-10-22" comes before "22 October 2003"
     ; l = sort by location (ascending)
     ; L = sort by location (descending)
     ; x = do not sort (default)

If I change the x to L the images will show as newest first?

Do I need to re-index for it to take affect?

Sorry I don't know the template as I think it must have been renamed & the site isn't live sorry.  Not trying to be awqward honest. sad

I'm still having a look to see if I can see an obvious reason for the gaps?

#10 2009-01-29 23:33:08

DC
Administrator

Gaps are not the norm you can try re-indexing yes many times that can help get everthing in check, but I would need to see it when you can if you cant figure it out ...

Those are the dif orders you can set however that wouldnt cause an actual gap seen visually if thats what you mean ...

DC

#11 2009-01-29 23:53:05

JW

No I understand that. smile I have seen it asked about the date order & was wondering if simply changing the x to an L would work, so my images then showed with the last image uploaded was first in the album?

Still looking through all the pages to see about the gaps & next page link (do you know which file this code is in please?) ie it must be generated after 20 images, but it isn't showing?

Thanks so much for your support.

#12 2009-01-30 01:28:16

DC
Administrator

I would need to know the template as many templates are coded dif just for that template and some may have problems while others may not, so I really do need that info to be able to help you.

As far as the order goes it does not sort by date correctly
for this to work you will need to use my mod that is on this site that works as a work around.

Try This out.
http://www.sgal.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1861

DC

#13 2009-02-18 12:12:06

JW

Hi DC

OK the person who installed this won't answer, but I think I have the default template as it is almost identical. 

The above works, but it took me awhile to realise you also had to amend the letter code in singapore.ini too!! Doh

I cannot find the code that generates the link for the next 20 images if I have more than 20 in an album.

So am I looking for a code that isn't there in the first place?  Can you tell me what I need to add to the relevant pages please? (gallery/templates/default/album.tpl.php and gallery.tpl.php I think)

Still working on the phantom gallery/albums/photos but if you have a suggestion knowing it's the default template I would be grateful for a pointer.

Would PM you but this forum doesn't alow that.

#14 2009-02-18 20:34:22

DC
Administrator

Hi do you mean the text that says next number of images? what is it your trying to do I think you lost me, glad to here my date mod worked for you however.

DC

#15 2009-02-18 22:15:11

JW

Hi DC

Sorry to confuse.

The default is set to show 20 photos, so when I add 23 to the album only 20 show.  I have seen in others links to their own sites, that a link should show saying something like "next 20 images" and it leads to page 2.  This doesn't happen to me.  I had to increase the number of photos in gallery/templates/default/template ini to 24 & then all 23 show on one page.