singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » General » creating a new gallery

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-14 00:48:52

tomas

creating a new gallery

Hi! I have a gallery but... When i try creating a new subgallery then disappears my old one, can not be two or more galleries with a subgallery.
another question
I can creat a newone or more if i use some ftp apps,  but not subgallery  and how can i creating a new gallery with singapore, it is possible or just subgalleries? Thanks, and please help!

Last edited by tomas (2010-02-14 01:21:07)

#2 2010-02-15 19:13:38

DC
Administrator

Re: creating a new gallery

You can create galleries and sub in the admin section.
Make sure your permissions are correct or SGAL will not be able to create the gallery folders.

Did you get any type of err when trying to make a new gal?

DC

To code or not to code that is the question?

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!
http://www.clickcraft.net/slice.php

#3 2010-02-15 23:58:30

tomas

Hi DC!
No i donīt get any type of errorz when i make a gellery, just my old gallery disappears.

If you mean the chmode, i just set all permissions 0777 for gallery.

//Tomas

Last edited by tomas (2010-02-16 00:07:33)

#4 2010-03-24 03:52:00

viesonline

Why don't you share your gallery with everybody here?
My name is Ted. I am new here.

Last edited by viesonline (2010-03-24 03:52:20)

#5 2010-03-25 20:02:12

DC
Administrator

I wonder if your having that od problem where the gallery you make ends up in no mans land or the SGAL zone :-)

I have seen that happen many times and wrote a fix for it a ways back.

Heres the problem you may have.

If we are in our gallery admin in our main galleries dir and have not yet choosen our gal and we have lets say a few subs the script will allow you to upload while in the main galleries dir, so what happens is the script does say somthing like images will not be seen but who reads? not my clients :-).

Better then that I feel is to not allow an upload at all in the galleries folder unless we have choosen lets say client 1 if we do not the unsusppecting client 1 will be able to upload to the galleries dir and will never see the photos they uploaded as they are outside of there own client1 dir does this make more sense?

Ok heres what I did so that the client can't upload the image outside the dir if we do not have a gallery selected, as i must make it near fool proof. I can tell that if the link to add an image is there they will upload the images outside of the gallery as i could do in my test. While im not sure why it is posible by default to do this and that the add image is avail when I think it should only show if we are in a gal...

Heres my code mod for the admin.
My idea makes it idiot proof for the client?

In the last block of code I added the following

around line 650
Code:

//EDIT DC removes our new image link if we are not in a  selected gallery.
      if(!$this->gallery->isRoot()) {
      $ret[2][$this->translator->_g("admin bar|New image")] = $this->formatAdminURL("newimage",$this->gallery->idEncoded());
    }

DC

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!

#6 2012-05-07 10:06:16

muzamil

Hi,
My galleries do not appear in admin mode

The galleries are working fine. The problem is in admin mode.
It does not show up in Admin.
Product Gallery
Showing 1-0 of 3 | Next
So cannot edit any. What is the problem?
While adding a new gallery it said
Warning: Division by zero in /home/thelivin/public_html/gallery/includes/item.class.php on line 207

#7 2012-05-17 17:19:15

DC
Administrator

I would need to look into this might be a PHP 5+ err i have seen this on some scripts. I have emailed you PM

DC