singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » General » css messing up web page css

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-08 14:33:19

JW

css messing up web page css

Hi

I am starting a new gallery on v2.3.1 oscommerce. Now with 960 grid & css rather than tables. I have got it to appear on a page, but the template showing is black (I want a white one) so I change it to default & even upload Polaroid but the css for my page seems to be overwritten by the css for the template. Default is white but it appears like modern is the one it is set to load first. 

Can you tell me where to start to look at changing the template css & fixing it to one template i.e. no choice in the drop down (I will comment this out)

I wanted neat2 as my old site had neat but it isn't available. Can you tell me when this will be available or which template would be the best to achieve a white simple template with preferably the galleries/albums as a picture followed by the description in rows rather than in columns with the description below the image (as with polariod)? A mouse over to see what the images are called would be good too, which I think neat2 has.

Shame neat2 isn't available as I think it is the best template.

Thanks

#2 2011-03-08 15:12:03

JW

Re: css messing up web page css

OK I had a brainwave!

I uploaded my neat template & removed the tables & it looks good.

Just need to remember which file to change to make this the default one to load.

DC

As this is your baby do you think you could help me mod two things please?

1- enable the hover over so it shows the name of the image as you did for neat2 (unless this is the reason it is back for testing?)

2- I like the look of having

image   Description

image   Description

rather than the default

image  image  image

image  image  image

for the galleries/albums (not sure what they are called?

Is this possible with the neat/2 template please?

Thanks smile

#3 2011-03-13 14:38:40

DC
Administrator

Re: css messing up web page css

I will have to get back to you on this as I am very busy with projects right now.

Neat 2 was having some problems I couldnt get to and only for some people. I can email you the last version when I get a chance
and you can play with it, maybe it will work correctly for you hard to say let me know if you would like to try it.

DC

To code or not to code that is the question?

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!
http://www.clickcraft.net/slice.php