singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Lounge » Redeveloping Singapore

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-11 05:30:01

linrx

Redeveloping Singapore

Dear Tamlyn and perhaps one and all,

I have been following the Singapore project for a year or so, and briefly created a fork of the project at Github, where I imagined that I might make a difference for a project named after my birthplace. After looking at the general product, as a whole over five to six months or so, I wasn't able to decide what sort of a series of improvements that I may make to a software already in its steady state.

A key teaching as far as my zen practice, and also corporate worklife educated me since 2006 goes like this - If it ain't spoilt, don't fix it - maybe Murphy had a Law like this too.

I just found it perplexing, abet mildly amusing too, when I looked at both the Singapore product (as in the PHP gallery), as well as the Singapore country (as in the city state), and I didn't know for sure, and specifically, what else I can do that makes and keeps everybody interested.

smile At the back of the mind, several other projects that I am inclined to take up, the keeness on the status quo, and ceteris paribus, made me type a little, at least to express appreciation and gratitude for giving me a platform like sgal.org to practise my PHP.

Let me know should there be any specific product features that is deemed as a top priority that you know of. I had a brief look at the forum posts, I did not want to assume that all are valid requests from the angle of the moderators and lead developers..

Thanks and Rgds,
Lin Rongxiang linrx{at}linrx{dot}per{dot}sg

Last edited by linrx (2012-12-11 05:32:36)

#2 2013-02-05 02:01:19

mgrremovals

Re: Redeveloping Singapore

Yah, I saw that in home page. Is it compatible in any windows or Mac version?

#3 2013-02-05 07:43:47

linrx

Presently Singapore runs primarily on PHP, you would be able to get it working on Windows by installing PHP onto the Internet Information Services (IIS) component, or by setting up a web server stack such as WAMP on your Windows environment.I have not tried it on a Mac environment however I imagine that OS X would come with PHP and Apache installed, else you could consider a MAMP stack perhaps

Last edited by linrx (2013-02-05 07:44:36)

#4 2013-03-03 11:22:15

linrx

Can somebody kindly advise how I might be able to change my avatar on sgal.org forum, I managed to change password and my email address is already my latest one, however I tried to upload avatar and the error message says

Info

The server was unable to save the uploaded file. Please contact the forum administrator at hello@sgal.org.

Having tried to email to hello@sgal.org, the email bounced back saying

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

hello@sgal.org

#5 2013-03-03 16:23:44

edh

I got the same error just now. 
Can't upload.

I have been using singapore for about 6 years now and I'm sort of bummed that people are losing interest in it. Although I see that it is still getting downloaded at least once a day from sourceforge.

Ed.

#6 2013-04-05 17:37:55

linrx

It's probably a good thing. Here in Singapore I find that the city pace and lifestyle is abit too hectic, it actually feels mildly relaxing when I pop by sgal.org and found another Singapore that is totally like a deserted place. This is an island that is rather populous with lots of folks in transit and it's totally unlike the meter at sourceforge where there's only one person moving through it each day..

#7 2015-05-20 08:27:17

linrx

May I buy over the 'singapore' project then redevelop it as well as this website at S$0.

lrongxiang{at}e{dot}ntu{edu}sg
linrx