singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » News Archive » new domain name poll

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-11 06:43:47

tamlyn
Lead Developer

new domain name poll

Please cast your vote to choose the new domain name for this website. Read on for the poll.

#2 2005-10-11 06:49:53

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Re: new domain name poll

Thanks to everyone who posted their suggestions for a new domain name. Please vote for your favourite from the above 4. My personal preference, as previously discussed, would be to use singaporegallery.org as the primary, official URL but also use sgal.org as a shortcut in the same way that sf.net is a shortcut for sourceforge.net.

I would like to get the new site up and running asap but this needs to be sorted first.

NOTE: due to limitations of the forum software, only users who are registered on the forum can vote in the poll. If you do not want to register then please feel free to post your vote as a reply below.

#3 2005-10-11 13:49:13

I like sgal.org.  Short to the point.  Easy to remember and type.

#4 2005-10-11 19:48:03

pao

I voted sgal.org, on the reasoning that I would rather type sgal.org, but if I didn't know singapore existed or where it lived, I'd still just ask Google.

Patrick O'Leary
singapore gallery: [url=http://patrick.greentaperacing.us/gallery/]Missing the Gallery[/url]

#5 2005-10-12 21:51:21

pavian

Well I guess sgal.org won. Looks quiet nice Tamlyn.

#6 2005-10-12 23:10:51

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Indeed it did though I'm still considering using singaporegallery.org as well. I just decided I'd waited too long and wanted to get it all setup and working at last.