singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Feature Requests » y dunt this way

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-08 18:15:42

pinpoint222

y dunt this way

with the current release there is no search feature

but i dont think making or adding a sitemap script will hurt.singapore.. All it has to do is to index the following thing and save them in a flat file indexedsingapore.txt in the DATA directory

Image name
Description
and URL to that Image

and just use another script to search indexedsingapore.txt file and output results..

what you say?

#2 2005-12-08 18:54:04

pavian

Re: y dunt this way

This was discussed before - the search-feature at least. To search is not possible, at least not in a quick way.
Its the same thing with a sitemap. It would basically need to index all subgallerys before hand, which would be a performance hog. Unless after each upload the sitemap would be updated, which would make ftp-uploads useless and the sitemap-file would become huge after some time
I don't think searching or sitemaping will be possible unless the structure or the database is different from now.

#3 2005-12-09 14:04:06

tamlyn
Lead Developer

I think pinpoint may have meant 'cache' rather than 'sitemap'. I have thought of creating a cache of all the gallery data which would be updated from the admin but also automatically updated if it was more than a day old or something. I think if search is to be implemented in csv then that's the way to do it. Still quite a bit of work though.

#4 2005-12-09 16:19:50

pinpoint222

i think the the META files already have data in them ..they have page name and its description.. i did real time Live search on my site on Linux having over 2000 diles..didnt took long even though it was Real time No cache was there to search in....i think a smaller script module which searches in the meat files created in galleries will not harm if tested..

it will get info  about
URL of image..
Image name
Image description

and by the way how long will the description text of 2000 images usually takes? How many people usually put immense description of their images on internet..? i dont think its so big that server will slow down in giving results....