singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Installation » Upload directory directory does not exist or is not writable

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Installation
  •  » Upload directory directory does not exist or is not writable

#1 2006-07-26 02:37:55

gandharva

Upload directory directory does not exist or is not writable

hi guys, I imagine you've heard this same question before, but I've searched all through out the forum and I can't find any reference to it. I installed singapore, but there was this error at the end:

Upload directory directory does not exist or is not writable (upload_tmp_dir). Singapore will function but you may not be able to upload images via the admin interface.

and then of course the upload admin doesn't work. I looked everywhere for the upload_tmp_dir but I couldn't find it. I have already set the gallery and data directories to writable (777) but nothing changes. Is this something my server administrator needs to solve? Thanks, Aaron

#2 2006-07-26 03:03:40

Paul

Re: Upload directory directory does not exist or is not writable

Try searching the forum for upload_tmp_dir. It seems like a server admin thing, although maybe there's a workaround - see the forum postings.

#3 2006-07-26 09:18:23

pavian

Your server administrator needs to set this in your php-configuration.

#4 2006-07-26 18:27:36

gandharva

my administrator helped me, but not by changing server settings. instead he went in and hard coded something into the
install.inc.php .this is the code that he changed:

//$session_save_path = ini_get("session.save_path"); 
  $session_save_path = "/tmp";
//  if(!empty($session_save_path) && is_writable($session_save_path) || ini_get("session.save_handler")!="files") setupMessage("Session save path seems to be correctly specified");
//  else $success &= setupError("Session save path does not exist or is not writable (<code>session.save_path</code>). Singapore will function but you may not be able to use the admin interface");

basically he commented out a section of code and wrote in the correct upload directory.

#5 2006-07-26 18:36:50

pavian

Well, uhm that actually isn't quiet the solution to the problem you described, but if you can upload your pictures now...

#6 2011-03-21 08:49:43

php-configuration its integreted with this already

• Index
  •  » Installation
  •  » Upload directory directory does not exist or is not writable