singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Lounge » Didn't receive the confirmation email to register on forums

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Lounge
  •  » Didn't receive the confirmation email to register on forums

#1 2004-10-19 05:46:57

Didn't receive the confirmation email to register on forums

Hello smile
I tried to register yesterday evening, but didn't receive the confirmation email to valid my account here on the forums. I'm pretty sure I didn't mispell my email address...

To the admin: could you resend a confirmation email to the address I mentioned during my registration? I registered under the username "Patricia", I'm for sure in your database.

I thank you very much in advance for that, and look forward to participate to the forum. I just installed Singapore on a local environement to test its features before to use on a website and so far, it seems amazing. I had been looking for a long time for a gallery were we can use at the same time photos on the same server and on another one.

I plan to mod it a bit to use Exif images information and keep you informed here.

Thank you in advance for my account.
Patricia
Switzerland

#2 2004-10-19 21:19:22

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Re: Didn't receive the confirmation email to register on forums

Another user recently had this problem. I wonder what's up. Anyway, I've manually activated your account (the email you supplied was onforums AT brumalsolstice DOT com - change it if that's wrong).

#3 2004-10-20 00:35:55

kiddi

I'm running a 1500~ person phpBB forum myself, and I'm constantly running into this problem. My best guess is that phpBB's confirmation e-mails are being blocked by spam-detection/removal at some people's ISP's.

Usually I get a complaint via e-mail and I just 'activate' the user from phpBB's user management console.

#4 2004-10-20 03:14:50

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Yeah that could be it. Maybe I should include a passage from Alice in Wonderland or something at the end of the emails to reduce the spam score  lol

#5 2004-10-20 05:54:10

Patricia

Thank you very much Tamlyn to have activated my account.
This is my email. However, I never write it "in clear text" in a post or anywhere on the net, to avoid spam robots to spider it, please can you edit your post, and write [at] instead of @, and [dot] instead of the dot.

I'm happy to be on those forums smile
I had a look at the code yesterday evening on my local environement, and I'm exited to have SG gallery soon running on my website.

About the mail, yes, it's possible that my isp blocked it... phpBB has the option not to request the activation (activation: none, in config) if this is more simple for you...

Thanks for all smile

Patricia
[url=http://www.brumalsolstice.com/]BrumalSolstice[/url]

#6 2005-02-05 21:20:07

Ditto sad

I never received my confirmation e-mail. The username that I used to sign up is 'loveacrossborders'.

#7 2005-02-06 20:54:21

tamlyn
Lead Developer

sorry about that loveacrossborders, i have now activated your account.

#8 2005-02-07 10:57:09

No worries! Thanks smile

Share your http://www.loveacrossborders.com Love Across Borders.

#9 2005-02-07 23:51:11

hi, it's eddie.  i'm slowly "getting it", and happy i'm making progress.

will you please activate my "ewalker73" account, and delete the "ewalker1973" i created on the second try.

thanks in advance.

#10 2005-02-08 01:04:51

tamlyn
Lead Developer

hi eddy, I believe I did this yesterday - maybe I forgot to tell you... or is it still not working?

#11 2005-03-27 02:51:36

orphic2

Hi, I never got the email either. My account is active, but my email on topic reply isn't working... any chance you could have a look when you get a chance?  Until then I will just keep doing what I have been doing, checking the forums manually every now and then...

Cheers  :twisted:

#12 2005-03-28 18:37:07

tamlyn
Lead Developer

I think sourceforge are now preventing the project web servers from sending mail so I've turned off email account activation. Anyone know a work-around for this?

#13 2005-03-29 00:03:32

orphic2

bummer, maybe if you had access to an external email server which supported authentication for outgoing mail?  otherwise I guess there will be no email going out....  sad

#14 2011-01-29 09:06:08

Kaiden

Well, try to email the admin of the forum where you registered. I think they can send you confirmation and activation of your membership. You can also wait until they will send you the confirmation in your email account.

Last edited by Kaiden (2011-02-05 15:46:04)

#15 2011-03-21 09:00:08

no worries about that tamlyn smile

• Index
  •  » Lounge
  •  » Didn't receive the confirmation email to register on forums