home » forum » Mods » Thumbnail for top gallery container

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Mods
  •  » Thumbnail for top gallery container

#1 2008-06-03 04:08:55

spynode

Thumbnail for top gallery container

Well when I create a gallery without pictures but with other galleries (with pictures) in it, there isn't any thumbnail for it. It would be cool if there were mod which takes a random picture from the sub-galleries and display it as the upper gallery's thumbnail. Please smile

#2 2008-06-03 04:14:44

DC
Administrator

Re: Thumbnail for top gallery container

Not sure what your saying?

You do know you can set a gal to show any thumb from that gal at random do you not ... Not sure I understand what you want to do correctly.

DC

To code or not to code that is the question?

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!
http://www.clickcraft.net/slice.php

#3 2008-06-03 04:24:16

spynode

Yes I did know that smile What I meant is that when you have a gallery with no pictures in it only other galleries, then there is no thumbnail for the top gallery.

TOP_GALLERY(no thumbnail)
          |                      |
Gallery1(has thumb)    Gallery2(has thumb)

I would like the TOP_GALLERY to generate thumbnails from the daughter galleries but unfortunately it doesn't happen by default.

Last edited by spynode (2008-06-03 04:25:06)

#4 2008-06-03 05:16:43

DC
Administrator

Ok now I see what you meen I do not think there is a mod for that.  What I did is make it use a default thumb instead, that way it does not have just text, you can try somthing like that basically a no-thumb thumb if you will :-).

Example:
http://www.clickcraft.net/gal_pp/demo.php
My SGAL is very modified but this is prety simple, if you like I can show you this simple mod.

DC

To code or not to code that is the question?

Did my response help you out? Consider donating by buying me a slice, Whats this? Read More!
http://www.clickcraft.net/slice.php

#5 2008-06-03 18:12:07

spynode

Thank you. Still it would be cool if those thumbnails actually came from the sub-galleries.

#6 2008-07-02 23:18:09

spynode

Goddamnit I hate how ugly it looks without thumbnails. I tried several ways myself but singapore's source is too OOP for me and I couldn't make much sense of it smile PLEASE someone help me out.

#7 2008-07-04 21:56:09

pavian

Hmm, you can however upload a picture to top-gallery to use it as a thumbnail.

#8 2011-06-22 18:04:53

pcphotos

Can someone provide some instructions on how to insert a default thumbnail if no images exist?

• Index
  •  » Mods
  •  » Thumbnail for top gallery container