singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » News Archive » update

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-28 13:53:40

tamlyn
Lead Developer

update

I'll be away for 8 days from today. However I have a few treats in store for when I get back. This website will be moved over to a wiki allowing more frequent updates and lots of new content - much of it, i hope, generated by you: the users!

#2 2005-01-28 14:03:26

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Re: update

The overall structure and design of the new site will be broadly similar to the current one but, although certain pages will be locked, most pages will be openly editable by anyone with a web browser. This will allow users to, for example, update the FAQs, write guides on various topics, clarify ambiguous documentation etc.

Also, SourceForge.net are pending a large upgrade of the project web servers which has the potential to break certain aspects of thsi site. If this happens please bear with us and we will get it fixed asap.

As for future releases I can't really comment. January has been busy for me and February is likely to be even busier. Although I greatly enjoy my work on singapore, academic and commercial activities do take precedence...

NOTE: several people have expressed concern at the v0.9.11 release declaring itself as "0.9.11 CVS". This was a typo - the archive contains the release version, not the CVS version.

#3 2005-02-11 10:27:22

Which wiki software do you prefer?

#4 2005-02-12 13:12:40

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Currently trying my luck with Wikka Wakka Wiki because it's fairly small yet has enough features (such as comments and access control). Note I've never used a wiki before so don't take my views too seriously!

#5 2013-05-31 04:54:35

Benicia attorneys