singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Lounge » Art or Web Design?

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-04 16:27:17

MICHAEL55

Art or Web Design?

Morning.
hi  i am new here.. I am posting this Thread just for getting some public opinion,,,

A current client peddling some art supplies is insisting the website itself should be "avant-garde, a work of art," and is throwing out all usability and design standards (like navigation bars/menus, header/footer, etc) merely because they deal with "art."

I will be the first to admit I have much to learn about design still - so I welcome these kinds of challenges and try to learn from them. I am having discussions with her about keeping her target audience in mind, etc.

Any advice/talking points/links to read from the trenches? I try to stay current on blogs like ALA or Smashing, but would love some real world info.

Thanks.

[url=http://www.pixelproductionsinc.com]packaging design company[/url]

#2 2012-12-14 18:45:44

albertjr

Re: Art or Web Design?

The first and the foremost point that you need to keep in mind before staring up the plan for the website is going through a research work of your competitors. Never try and underestimate them and if they are very strong, don't even attempt to copy them. The basic fundamental of any unique website is its own idea and originality.

#3 2013-02-07 20:15:40

johnbostonn

Web design may seem to the uninitiated to be a matter of getting the technical skills out the door, but in actuality there is a fine and subtle art to the entire process. However though there are web designers the world over, not all of them generate impressive results. Find out what separates the good from the bad.

John Boston
http://ashfordrealestatecoloradosprings.com

#4 2013-02-15 11:17:20

andecolink

Web design may seem to the uninitiated to be a matter of getting the technical skills out the door, but in actuality there is a fine and subtle art to the entire process. However though there are web designers the world over, not all of them generate impressive results. Find out what separates the good from the bad.

Ande colink
get youtube views

Last edited by andecolink (2013-02-15 11:17:28)

#5 2013-03-06 10:43:11

mikesmithm2

Nobody likes being ripped off - especially if they're in business. Yet most businesses are paying hundreds or thousands of dollars to their web designer for shoddy, substandard work. Are you? Luckily, there's a quick and easy way to find out.

#6 2013-04-16 06:59:01

Arif40811

Web design may seem to the uninitiated to be a matter of getting the technical skill.

lux meter

Last edited by Arif40811 (2013-05-03 19:16:35)

#7 2013-07-09 11:48:29

jaming

I think that you should move on to the we designing as this is the latest trend and also has much better scope in job market then ever. If you want any career opportunities then you should go for it.

certificate 4 training and assessment

Last edited by jaming (2013-07-13 04:30:54)