singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » News Archive » new website and new release coming up

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-19 15:35:03

tamlyn
Lead Developer

new website and new release coming up

I was shocked to see it's been over 9 months since our last release. Well the next version is preparing to spread its fledgling wings... There's also a new website on the way complete with wiki and other useful things!

#2 2005-09-19 15:59:19

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Re: new website and new release coming up

There isn't much new functionality in the next version yet but it features HUGELY reorganised code which will be easier to understand, maintain and extend. The release will be called v0.10.0 which reflects this important change but also signifies our intention to push for a v1.0 release hopefully before the end of the year. The really keen ones can see how things are progressing in CVS.

The new website will be more accessible, usable and generally useful than the current one. A preview is available at singapore.clump.co.uk but once it is taken live it will appear at the usual address of singapore.sourceforge.net. Please report any broken layouts or other problems in this thread. Feel free to try out the new forum and wiki but note that their contents will be reset when the site is taken live.

#3 2005-09-22 06:58:21

The new website looks great, can 't wait for the next version and thank you for all your hard work smile

#4 2005-09-23 00:12:05

absolut

The new site looks awesome, great job! I can't wait for it and for the new release.

#5 2005-09-24 05:23:21

HI TAMLYN THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK. I AM SORRY TO ASK THIS BUT WHEN WILL 10.00 VERSION OF SINGAPORE BE RELEASED? I WANT TO USE SINGAPORE. BUT I WONDER IF I SHOULD WAIT A WHILE AND GET NEW 10.00? WHEN WILL 10.00 BE RELEASED? I'M NOT TRY TO RUSH. ONLY WOULD LIKE KNOW FOR IF I SHOULD USE FOR WEBSITE OR NOT RIGHT NOW. IF I INSTALL THE CURRENT VERSION OF SINGAPORE 9 CAN I UPGRADE TO 10.00??

AGAIN, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. CHEERSS

#6 2005-09-24 14:35:03

^ Yeah what he said. Inquiring minds want to know. When will glorious version 10 be released?  8)  smile

#7 2005-09-27 01:46:37

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Hmmm. After a few weeks of repose during which I greatly enjoyed working on singapore a whole host of things have come crashing into my life which need to be dealt with. I was hoping to get the next version out some time in the next fortnight but at the moment that realy doesn't look likely. Sorry for teasing you with promises of a v0.10... go with 0.9.11 for the moment.

Upgrading should be fairly straightforward. Many of the template variables have changed but the old names have been 'aliased' to the new ones so custom templates should still work fine.

#8 2005-10-02 23:08:36

hi tamlyn,

what day will Singapore 0.10 be released?

#9 2005-10-03 00:51:32

tamlyn
Lead Developer

what day will Singapore 0.10 be released?

A couple of days before it's ready - same as all the other releases  wink

#10 2013-07-22 11:51:52

jessicasmith

very nice forum

jessica