singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » News Archive » site enhancements

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-16 04:25:56

tamlyn
Lead Developer

site enhancements

First of all you'll notice I've added Google ads to the site. This is more as an experiment than anything else. I've never had much to do with internet advertising and I wanted to see how it worked. I've also installed a couple of mods on the forum, most notably RSS feeds of each forum.

#2 2005-02-16 04:58:08

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Re: site enhancements

The feeds are RSS 0.92 generated from the forum data by the RSS Content Syndicator mod for phpBB. In forum views such as this one you will notice an orange 'XML' icon in the top right corner. This is a link to the feed. If you don't know what RSS is then let the BBC talk you through it.

Another mod adds a check value to the posting form to complicate the lives of spammers (and hopefully reduce our forum spam in the process). This should be transparent to normal web users but if you experience any problems let us know. The final mod obfuscates email addresses so they are less easily picked up by spam bots.

Also new and exciting is the promised wiki version of the site. It's currently running parallel to the old version here:

Hmmm, I just went off to get the link to paste in and it's chosen this minute to stop working. Gah! I'll post the link when I get it working again...

#3 2005-02-22 04:16:15

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Since my last post I have switched from my original Wikka Wakka wiki to DocuWiki mainly because it is the wiki of choice for Nucleus, PunBB & NuPusi. It seems these projects will be working together in times to come so it made sense to all use the same software.

Anyway here it is: http://singapore.sourceforge.net/newsite/

It's a bit of a mess at the moment and some parts will be broken until it's merged into the main site but it should give you a flavour of things to come. It's currently world editable so feel free to add any relevant content or create missing pages.

#4 2005-05-26 12:21:26

:?  you'd better work in the comments feature instead !

good luck, i wait this future release.