singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Installation » Failed to open stream.

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-05-23 07:54:29

Failed to open stream.

I ran test.php and everything completed successfully.

After running setup, I get this from index.php:

Warning: singapore(includes/translator.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/celeb/public_html/includes/singapore.class.php on line 79

Fatal error: singapore(): Failed opening required 'includes/translator.class.php' (include_path='/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/celeb/public_html/includes/singapore.class.php on line 79

Any ideas?  I was able to correct this by changing the include path to the full hard-coded path, but there are a LOT of files to change this way.

Is Singapore not compatible with the latest (4.3.6) version of PHP?

#2 2004-05-23 10:15:26

moreno

Re: Failed to open stream.

HI!

Yes! singapore runs very fine with php 4.3.6, I use it! wink

Are you pretty sure that you run setup.php(not just test.php)?

And whatís your Singapore version?

Iím not a php expert but Iím sure that anybody will help w/ your problem!

#3 2004-05-23 19:04:58

Yes, I ran setup.php.

Singapore version is 0.9.9

Here's a link to the test.php file.  Everything is just as unzipped, even setup.php.  I never got it running, so no need to remove it yet.

http://69.56.158.137/test.php

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#4 2004-05-23 19:33:06

tamlyn
Lead Developer

This is quite odd. I've never seen it before.

Are you sure PHP is setup correctly? Can you successfully run other scripts? Try writing a simple script that includes another one and see if that works.

Also, try changing line 17 of index.php to

Code:

$sg = new Singapore("/home/celeb/public_html/");

This gives it the full path to the include files (I assume that is the correct path, change it if it is not). You will probably get another error, please post it here.

#5 2004-05-23 22:57:18

Yes, I run many many PHP script with this setup, and you can check out the PHP Info from test.php posted above.

I tried changing the line you suggested, and now every other include is throwing a "Failed opening stream" error:

Warning: main(templates/default/header.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/celeb/public_html/templates/default/index.tpl.php on line 12

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'templates/default/header.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/celeb/public_html/templates/default/index.tpl.php on line 12

Warning: main(templates/default/album.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/celeb/public_html/templates/default/index.tpl.php on line 21

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'templates/default/album.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/celeb/public_html/templates/default/index.tpl.php on line 21

Warning: main(templates/default/footer.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/celeb/public_html/templates/default/index.tpl.php on line 27

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'templates/default/footer.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/celeb/public_html/templates/default/index.tpl.php on line 27

I started changing all of the includes to the proper format (i.e. for the current directory, not just the file name, but "./file.php") but there were SO MANY lines to change I was hoping someone had a faster fix.

#6 2004-06-08 20:54:27

Well, thanks for trying to help.

I couldn't make Singapore work so I went with a German product, 4images, which suits my needs nicely.

I look forward to perhaps using Singapore on another project in the future.

#7 2004-06-22 05:55:14

You're missing the singapore.class.php file. Check the include directory to make sure all the files are there. My ftp client seemed to struggle with uploading all the files from the include directory, maybe the same is true for you.