singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Internationalisation » pot files?

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-04-17 13:47:53

pot files?

Hi.

I've been doing some adjustments in the translation files for my page... I am running a 3 language site: english, polish and german.

I downloaded the language pack with the po files...
i could change polish and german easily...
but where to change the english language?

I don't have a singapore.en.pmo or po
I read that there is a singapore.pot file, that is the "standard" language... but I can't find the pot file... and don't know where to download it either.

Thanks for your help.

Sean.

#2 2005-04-17 23:19:22

tamlyn
Lead Developer

Re: pot files?

The english is hard-coded in the gallery so it doesn't need it's own language file (and it's *very slightly* faster if none is present). However as you rightly guessed you can easily create one from the POT file(s). For some reason the *.pot files were not included in the v0.9.11 release so I've attached them here. Note you only need to translate the bits you want to change. Any text that you want to stay the same you can just leave the translation blank.

#3 2006-02-03 01:30:35

stefanf

Hmm... I can't see any attachments to your post there and the CVS repository seems to be down at the moment (as so often before) so I can't update the Icelandic translation sad

Anyways. Getting the POT files for 0.9.11 here somewhere would be great but I guess I can grab them from CVS tomorrow (if it kicks back in that is).

Regards, Stefan Freyr.

p.s. how is 0.10 coming along? It's been quite a while without a release now wink

#4 2006-02-03 15:42:45

pavian

stefanf wrote:

Hmm... I can't see any attachments to your post there and the CVS repository seems to be down at the moment (as so often before) so I can't update the Icelandic translation sad

shouldn't you be able to do this with these files:
http://www.sgal.org/wiki/files/translations

stefanf wrote:

how is 0.10 coming along? It's been quite a while without a release now wink

check here:
http://www.sgal.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=885

#5 2006-02-04 00:07:14

tamlyn
Lead Developer

The POT files are now available at the address niels gave you above. However I suggest you download the latest CVS version (you can get it on the downloads page if CVS proper isn't working for you) as it includes the new strings for v0.10.0. You may need to run an extract and merge first.

about sf.net: I think they're getting their act together slowly. They've had trouble keeping up with their meteoric growth these past few years. However as part of their tidying up operation they imposed so many restrictions on the web hosting service that I had to move to a different host. I basically just use their CVS and file release services now.

#6 2006-02-04 15:28:59

stefanf

tamlyn wrote:

The POT files are now available at the address niels gave you above. However I suggest you download the latest CVS version (you can get it on the downloads page if CVS proper isn't working for you) as it includes the new strings for v0.10.0. You may need to run an extract and merge first.

Allright... I'll update to that as soon as I find some time again for this.

One thing that bothers me about the POT files on that page that you mentioned is that there is no reference to the Singapore version they apply to. So there's no way of telling whether they are from the 0.9.11 release or if they are from CVS head.

There is a field in the POT file itself for this thing and I was wondering if there was maybe some convenient way to keep that up to date? (Perhaps it would be possible to use CVS keywords for that?). The place I'm referring to is:
"Project-Id-Version: PACKAGE VERSION\n"

tamlyn wrote:

about sf.net: I think they're getting their act together slowly. They've had trouble keeping up with their meteoric growth these past few years. However as part of their tidying up operation they imposed so many restrictions on the web hosting service that I had to move to a different host. I basically just use their CVS and file release services now.

Well that's good to hear. It's a really noble idea to keep this running and I'm not blaming them... I mean their service is free so I accept it as it is. But as you all know it can be frustrating to want to get some work done and not being able to because of something like this.