singapore: the smallest big galery
home » forum » Feature Requests » Some suggestions and possible help request

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-17 21:16:20

alusya

Some suggestions and possible help request

1.  I would definitely put URL option for individual images. I know it can be put when you create a new gallery (please check http://www.savco.us , click on [web projects], see under description), but they are shown as a bunch and it would be nicer to give an input field for url in admin for individual image . Viewer would be able to see and click the link below of any image in gallery. It is a great addition for users who create galleries on your web and want to link to their webs.

2. I would prefer to put more images under [new image] command. One thumbnail shown in gallery will represent other three sub images, but only after the viewer will click thumbnail. It can be used for example for: “before and after”, or showcase of web site, instead showing one page shot it would show three. If you put just one picture, just the one will show. Because right now you can create a child gallery in parent gallery and it will be represented in a gallery format, but not like images in a gallery. Plus child gallery will hide all current images of parent gallery.

3. I would suggest putting extra page, which is not a gallery page but has consistency of your script. This would be great for people who want to add more pages to the script. For example I want to put Contact us page with mail in form. I have that form ready, but I want to implement it into existing templates. So Contact US page would be shown instead of gallery page but with breadcrumbs, footers and ext. By the way is there any chance somebody could guide me how to integrate new page, so it would be in between header and footer of existing script.

4. In admin area I don't really understand the reason to put guest account, because the guest cannot do anything there. And to give admin feature to guest is dangerous too. But have you thought about this thing. I run design gallery, and to have accounts for people/clients would be just great. As administrator I can create individual galleries for the clients with their work inside, they can log in and see their galleries.

Well seems like I wrote a lot. Sorry. Maybe it will help for your future releases. Good job anyway.

#2 2006-11-19 23:55:57

Egypt Urnash

Re: Some suggestions and possible help request

1. You can put arbitrary HTML in an image's description. Like this, for instance. Just type out your link as you would when writing the HTML by hand - the description in that example is

Code:

Album cover for <a href=http://www.consortiumofgenius.com>the Consortium of Genius</a>.

2. I really should clean up my child gallery patch someday and submit it. It's been at the "works for me, but has holes" stage for ages.

3 and 4 make me wonder if you should be looking at more general content management systems to fill your needs. Singapore is a pretty minimal, simple system that doesn't do access control like 4.

I integrated my site-wide menus into Singapore by having a bit of php that all my pages call to generate menus; I made Singapore's footer template include this file and never thought about it again...

#3 2006-11-22 03:49:15

alusya

Re: Some suggestions and possible help request

You're right. I posted the message without deep understandng of the system. While I work on it I realized myself that the Description option supports html. And I already incorporated several changes.